Kadath by Vaults of Zin
#zeuhl and #prog #psych #doom #metal is what you'll find here. sounds crazy. works great. if mr. bungle had been darker, this would have been it. fan-freaking-tastic! the older album is good, too, but more traditional (heh) zeuhl and less metal. this is waaay better. need more.
#np #tootradio #music
@cwebber i find it unlikely that it could be anything else:
never played this game before. i'm usually a nethacker. why do i want to play it instead?
@wxl They're different games and you may love them for different reasons.
Check out "Philosophy" on http://crawl.akrasiac.org/docs/crawl_manual.txt
Some things I like about Crawl:
- You can beat the game without spoilers. AFAIK nobody who's ascended in Nethack has... too many in-jokes.
- The UI tries to make sure you did what you intended. In nethack, your character will *gladly and eagerly* step into that lava pit. Something like that in DCSS would ask clearly what you meant.
- The game keeps its emphasis squarely on hack&slash tactical combat. This is true of Nethack as well, a little more focused so in Crawl.
- The magic system in Crawl is a lot more interesting IMO... wider variety of spells that are very carefully balanced.
- Omg Crawl's religion really varies the game! Every religion dramatically alters how you play.
- Releases are very frequent and devs aren't afraid to mix things up. Always something interesting & new.