What a macho, gun-packing Instagram star did when he was caught in the Las Vegas shooting
'...“Trying to go grab a gun,” he says in the clip. “I’m f—— headed back. … Saw a girl get shot in the face right next to me, her f—— brains hanging out.”
But in the next clip, which briefly appeared on Bilzerian’s Instagram account and has since been plastered over the Internet, he stands in front of police lights, looking slightly dazed.
“Um, they got one of the guys,” he says, no gun in sight, all fury gone from his voice. “I’m headed back. I don’t think there’s much I can do.”
So he went home, leaving fans to wonder whether one of Instagram’s most formidable stars was something different in real life...'
'..1. Germany has some of the strictest gun laws in Europe
2. Fourth-highest gun ownership rate worldwide
3. One of the lowest rates of gun-related deaths worldwide
4. Mass shootings have led to stricter gun laws
5. No major mass shootings between 2009 and 2016
‘…Over the past 20 years, “crimes against life” - which include murder as well as negligent manslaughter - that involve guns have dropped from 783 in 1995 to 130 in 2015, according to the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA).
Of those crimes in 2015, just 57 were intentional murders.
This pales in comparison to the rates in the US, where firearm homicides surpass 11,000 people killed each year or roughly 3.5 deaths per 100,000 people, according to GunPolicy.org.
In Germany, that rate barely reaches 0.07 deaths per 100,000 people…’
'The super owners consisted of an estimated 7.7 million Americans and owned between eight and 140 guns each. Nearly half of gun owners owned just one or two guns ....
• The percentage of the U.S. population who own guns decreased slightly from 25% in 1994 to 22% last year.
• Between 300,000 and 600,000 guns are stolen each year.
Gun owners tend to be white, male, conservative, and live in rural areas.
• 25% of gun owners in America are white or multi-racial, compared with 16% of Hispanics and 14% of African Americans.
• There are an estimated 111 million handguns nationwide, a 71% increase from the 65 million handguns in 1994.
“Until there is biblical authority,” Robertson continued, “there has to be some controlling authority in our society and there is none. And when there is no vision of God, the people run amok … and we have taken from the American people the vision of God, the whole idea of reward and punishment, an ultimate judge of all our actions, we’ve taken that away. When there is no vision of God, the people run amok.”
Adapt And Destroy:
Counterinsurgency And Social War
First evidence found that LSD produces 'higher' level of consciousness, scientists claim
– 'Dr Robin Carhart-Harris, of Imperial College London, said: “Rigorous research into psychedelics is gaining increasing attention, not least because of the therapeutic potential that these drugs may have when used sensibly and under medical supervision.
“The present study's findings help us understand what happens in people’s brains when they experience an expansion of their consciousness under psychedelics.
“People often say they experience insight under these drugs – and when this occurs in a therapeutic context, it can predict positive outcomes.
“The present findings may help us understand how this can happen.”...'
How Renaissance Painting Smoldered with a Little Known Hallucinogen
– 'A fungal infection known as ergotism influenced Northern Renaissance painting to an extent that a majority of art institutions have yet to grapple with. During the Renaissance ergotism was colloquially known as St. Anthony’s Fire, named for the third-century desert Father who had hallucinatory bouts with the devil...'
'The warrants specifically target the accounts of three Facebook users who are described by their attorneys as "anti-administration activists who have spoken out at organized events, and who are generally very critical of this administration's policies."
One of those users, Emmelia Talarico, operated the disruptj20 page where Inauguration Day protests were organized and discussed [....] Talarico says if her account information was given to the government, officials would have access to her "personal passwords, security questions and answers, and credit card information," plus "the private lists of invitees and attendees to multiple political events sponsored by the page."
[....] Facebook was initially served the warrants in February 2017 along with a gag order which barred the social media company from alerting the three users...'